Emily
Today I had the day off and I took James to school this morning, just for a 1/2 day so that I could spend the afternoon with him. I thought about letting him skip all together, but he is a little behind his classmates in knowing his letters and being able to write them so I want him to have every opportunity to learn it before he goes to kindergarten next year. I really can't believe I have only one year left. It makes me nervous already! But after I dropped him off, I got back in my car and had a feeling of sadness. This is how I want everyday to be. I want to be with my kids. I want to make him breakfast everyday and take him to school. So I prayed. Psalm 37:3 says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." I know that God knows my heart and what it beats for. He gave me these precious children so He knows my love for them and my need to be with them. However, I also know that God has given me my current assignment, to work so that I can support Trey and his ministry. I don't resent it but that doesn't mean I can't pray for God to deliver me. Only He can, so I will wait. "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
Psalm 5:2-4
0 Responses

Post a Comment