Megan
I am the world's worst worrier. I worry about the weather, about work, about the safety and health of family and friends, but most of all... I worry about money. It seems as if my husband and I are always behind. Don't get me wrong, bills never go unpaid and we have yet to go hungry. It feels as if we are barely making it every month; like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel to make ends meet. Life can become about money, not necessarily for possessions, but because it is necessary to survive. However, God has never failed us and provides for us every month. We always make it somehow!

The whole thing reminds me of that Talking Heads song "Once in a Lifetime"

But I digress... We were a little worried about this month. It's been a slow month for both of us. I don't start teaching until next month, and Neil hasn't had many gigs in the past few weeks. I was lying awake last night just thinking about what we were going to do to cover our bills. Then this morning we received a paycheck in our account, and Neil was contacted for two jobs today! God is so good!

This verse really helps me when I get to this point. I need to tattoo this on my arm or something so I never forget... "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, don't get worked up about what may of may not happen tomorrow" Matthew 6:34. I don't know why I constantly put myself through all of this worry. God has consistently been faithful to us and provided all of our needs.


0 Responses

Post a Comment