Megan

Ok, I am finally writing on our blog. It's been an interesting journey trying to get acquainted to this... Needless to say, I'm not the most technology-savvy of the group.

So, I figured for the first blog, it would only be appropriate to use it as sort-of an introduction. I am married to Echoing Angel's talented, somewhat boisterous, and very handsome keyboard player, Neil. We will have been married for two years this fall, and I couldn't be happier! When I'm not at home, I'm working at a dance studio in North Georgia as a full-time studio manager and part-time teacher/choreographer. I figured it is only fitting that my first blog be on NATIONAL DANCE DAY! If you don't know what that is, check it out!

Anyway, I have grown up dancing and exploring the arts. I absolutely love anything that has to do with dance or theatre. So instead of getting a degree in something useful like accounting or nursing, I decided to follow my heart and obtain a liberal arts degree in dance and theatre. I figured one day I might end up living in a cardboard box, but at least I knew I would be happy! I never ended up dancing professionally, but I knew God has other plans. Because I never moved up to New York or Chicago to really "Do the Starving Artist Thing" I always sort of felt like I have missed out on certain life experiences. However, because I have chosen to pursue a career in teaching, I have found a new love for choreography. I absolutely love creating a work that means something, and seeing it come to life onstage through my students. It is one of the most rewarding experiences for a teacher. Don't get me wrong though, I still love to take classes and I really miss performing sometimes, but I have really enjoyed learning how to become a teacher and choreographer these past three years. Even though my name is not in lights, and I'm not dancing for some fabulous modern company in New York, I am still using God's gifts in a way that I can share it with others, and to me that is even better.

0 Responses

Post a Comment