Emily
I am exhausted. These times when Trey is gone, I start to really feel for my single parent friends. Its hard to always do this by yourself. October is going to be fun when Trey is gone for a solid month doing the radio promotion tour. One bridge at time. I am feeling a little sorry for myself right now. The other wives all have their husbands home. This is the 3rd trip Trey has done by himself to finish the record. He has a lot more to do on it being the vocalists and acoustic guitar player. And most of October he will go it alone again because of budget reasons. But I know that I am just tired right now and all seems easier in the morning. Its 830 and the kids are in bed. They had a long day at school/daycare too. So maybe I will go to bed too.

I did have a great night last night with my dear friend Sarah. She came over and spent the night so she could take the kids to school for me this morning. The place doesn't open until 630 and I have to be at work at 645 and the hospital is 30 minutes away. My mom is so sweet about doing this too, spending the night, taking them to school, then off to her own job that is like 45 minutes away. Sarah's job is far too. They are both saints to help me out. Plus, I really don't want to drop them off at 630 in the morning and not pick them up until 6pm. I work til 5pm (10 hour days). I have a lot of mommy guilt about them having to be there for 12 hours. Somehow my guilt is relieved if they get there at 8 am, having not been ripped from their beds, breakfast shoved in their mouth, and then dropped off before the sleep is rubbed from their eyes. I am thankful for dear people in my life who are hand picked by God.

Oh, but back to last night. We had a little mini girls night after the kiddos were off to bed. We watched Avatar. I had seen it in the theater, but Sarah had not seen it yet. It was awesome, all over again. Mind blowing. How can anyone be that creative? Trey is convinced that the landscape of the movie is the way heaven will look, minus the man eating animals, of course. I'm kinda thinkin I agree. The floating mountains, glow in the dark plants and animals. Yea pretty cool. Heaven has to be so much more beautiful than we can imagine. And that movie was one of the prettiest movies I have ever seen. And we ate kettle corn with no guilt!
0 Responses

Post a Comment