Cami
Josh and I had quite the weekend. We left last Thursday to fly to Chicago on our way to Michigan. Getting started though was quite a chore. Our flight ended up taking off 4 hours late and then when we got 100 miles out of Chicago we had to circle in the air for a bit because they had closed the airspace so President Obama could fly out after celebrating his birthday in Chicago. So, by the time we landed it was almost 5 hours after we should've been there. We went to stay with my Aunt Mary that night and bless her heart she had gotten us a Chicago style pizza and had it heating waiting for us when we arrived. It was so very sweet of her. On Friday we drove up to Fremont, Michigan where I grew up to attend my high school reunion. Once we arrived there I was able to take Josh on a tour of my hometown. Granted it's not a very big city, but, it was fun letting him see all the things that I used to do and go growing up. We stayed with my friend Billie Vandermolen and her family. She made us a wonderful dinner and had some friends come out too. We stayed up until like 1:00 am just talking and catching up after all these years. It was so much fun! On Saturday we went to have dinner with Beth & Gary, some friends of my family. It was so nice to spend time with them and for them to get to know Josh. Then that night was the High School Reunion. Oh my gosh...how much fun! So many of my classmates looked the same. It was great! I loved catching up with everyone seeing where they are at and what they are up to. It was also eye opening to. I was able to catch up with a dear friend of mine whom I had lost contact with. We had been really good friends during middle school. She spent a lot of time with my family as she did not have a very good home life. Then in high school she started hanging out with other friends and we just kind of went our seperate ways. We were always friendly and stuff. But, what I didn't realize is that she had the worst high school experience. She apparently was being bullied by a bunch of girls and became a loner...even though she was absolutely beautiful and a cheerleader. She always made me believe she was doing well. I felt so bad that I did not see this happening and that she went through this alone. I told her I wish she would've told me because I would've been there for her. Just broke my heart. But, thankfully, she is doing so well now. She loves the Lord and has a wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. Anyway, we just had an absolute blast that night. Then on Sunday we went to church with my friend Billie and enjoyed a wonderful service then lunch on the lake. It was such a wonderful weekend. And just reminds me how fast time really does fly by and that we need to cherish every single second. Now it's back to the real world of work. BUT...tomorrow...Josh and I will find out what we are having...a boy or a girl. Yeah! I'll let you know!
0 Responses

Post a Comment