Megan
I have finally found time to get on my computer in the past two weeks! We have been busy preparing at the studio for our 7th annual Holiday Show. When you consider costumes, tickets, dress rehearsals, seven sold out shows, and hundreds of students, it takes alot of work and preparation on our end to put it together! All of us have been pulling 13-15 hour days for the past week and I feel like I have been hit by a truck! This is the first day I have had to just sit and relax. It has really been great! I have to admit though, watching the girls perform is extremely rewarding. It makes all of the hard work pay off. I love to watch the parents watch their little ones! You know there is nothing is sweeter than a four year-old in a tutu and a princess crown!

Through all of this work lately, I've been slacking in the Christmas shopping department. We have all of our big gifts done, but still have to buy for all of our extended family. I absolutely love shopping this time of year! I'm glad I can finally say that- for the past five years I have worked retail and dreaded the Black Friday door-busters, the long hours, and the days of returns after Christmas. Working at the mall around this time can certainly change your opinion of people around Christmas. I certainly did not encounter much "peace on earth" or "good will towards men," but now that I'm on the other side of the counter, I love it! Make sure to be polite to your retail clerks this Holiday Season, they deserve a Merry Christmas too! An encouraging word can go a long way!

Neil has made some chili in the crock pot (I just woke up from a three hour nap... oops) and I see a movie and a cup of hot chocolate in my near future! I can't wait to spend time with him, I feel like I haven't seen him all week- I have the best husband!
0 Responses

Post a Comment