Emily
I recently read a book by Francine Rivers (big fan of hers) about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The book was fantastic. Its Christmas time and the Mary is a hot topic at most churches these days. But one new lesson stood out to me as I read this book, something I had not thought about before. Mary waited a LONG time to see the fulfillment of her vision, of the Holy Spirit vision given to her on the night of Jesus' conception. 33 years! Holy cow. Can you imagine? God himself speaks to you and your husband about your son saving the world and being the chosen one, and you have wait 30 years for the vision to even start!? And back then, people were married at 14 and had kids at 16 and were in their life trade by then too. Mary's son, not married, a carpenter, with seemingly nothing else going for him. All her other friend's sons were probably husbands and fathers. I really can't imagine the impatience Mary must have felt. Really God?! Seriously....didn't you say he was going to save the world....get on with it! That would have been me...totally true. And after about 20 years, she probably questioned the vision. Did I hear that right? What exactly did you say? Maybe I was dreaming? But at last, Jesus' ministry begins at 30 years old and he becomes what was foretold.

Maybe you got a vision from the Lord a long time ago as we have about Trey's ministry, that hasn't been fulfilled yet. Maybe you are questioning the original word God gave you so long ago. When we were at Liberty Hill, there was a dear woman on the prayer team that could open the thrown of God when she prayed. She seemed to have a direct line up there. When I became very restless a couple years ago because I wasn't seeing the pieces of the vision fall into place, she came up to me one day and said she was praying for me and what God told her to tell me was "Take heart!" She said that she had no idea what that meant but she wanted to tell me. I went home and this is what I found,
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and "take heart" and wait for the LORD

And so I wait....

Stay tuned for Great Expectations Part 2
0 Responses

Post a Comment