Emily
Today is Friday, but it doesn't feel much like it because I have to work the weekend. Two sixteen hour shifts. It does provide me with next week off, which is a blessing. There is a lot to do and I am feeling stressed. Despite having started my Christmas shopping in October, I still am not done. And it still looks like thanksgiving in our house, with the fall wreath on the door. I really wanted our decorations up early this year because I was so excited about it, mostly because James was. But getting pneumonia has really stunk. It has squashed some of my Christmas spirit. I am hoping to get it back really soon. We plan to get our tree on Monday, so that should help. James' Christmas program is next week too. Last year trey sang one song which was really cool. James sat right beside him playing his out of tune guitar and singing loudly. This year Trey is busy that night and they asked me to sing instead. Yikes! I am really stressing over that! I haven't sang a solo in a while and I will have to use a track which I don't like, live music is always better. I haven't even decided what to sing, Christmas music is always difficult for me because its usually not in the right key. And I've been too sick to practice. Yes, I'm a little bah-humbug today. I feel like I need to sing though because the pre-school has been so good to us, allowing us a flexible schedule and discount rates. So I guess the Christian bookstore is at the top of my list now.

Tonight we are having dinner with my friend Sarah and her sister for their birthdays. We are going to the cheesecake factory. I haven't been there in years- 5 probably. So I am looking forward to that. Trey and the kids are meeting me there so it will be good. Maybe I will skip food and head straight for the dessert menu! That will lift my spirits!
0 Responses

Post a Comment