Emily
I just finished my long, very long weekend. I was there from 3pm to 7am two days in a row and we worked most of the night both nights. So I am pooped. But I am already reaping the benefits because I have this week off, the whole week and I know it will go by so quickly. We took the kids to a tree farm and cut down our own tree. It was so much fun, 35 degrees out, but fun. We stopped for hot chocolate first so we were all warmed up! The tree is up in the den and its finally starting to look a lot like Christmas....the star is up on the front porch, I think the Thanksgiving wreath is too, I better get that....tomorrow.

We took the kids to see Santa tonight. That was a lot of fun. James is so excited he is beside himself. He totally thought Santa should come tonight with his big boy bike. I had to dig out his Santa calendar so he could see it wasn't time yet. Eliza was acting really excited to see Santa when we got up close but then when I tried to sit her on his lap, she stiffened up and shook her head no. But he gave her a candy cane and she was all good. We got a really cute picture.

On the sickness front, my ear drum did perforate. Nice, huh? However, the absolutely excruciating pain is mostly gone because of it. I can be thankful for that even though I can't hear a thing! Put one finger all the way in your ear and listen, yes, that's what I hear. Muffled noises. "huh? What'd you say?" And if there is other background noise, I really can't hear you. And to top it off I have drainage from my ear ALL day! Gross! And I've got a really nice ringing in my ear too. So the doctor says to use antibiotic drops for the next 5 days and not to blow my nose too hard, yeah, that's easy since I have a sinus infection and enough snot for an orphanage of toddlers! If it does not get better, I will have to have a minor surgery. I'm not at all apprehensive about that, I do the anesthesia for other people who have it done all the time. Its a 10 minute procedure and I will feel so much better. Its really a matter of...who's got time for that!? Anyway, I am praying for healing and I pray God has a better plan than that. I am still singing for James' program Thursday. I finally picked a song, James' helped me. "Winter Wonderland"..."because it's about a snowman!" Good news, its a nice easy song in a low key and I think I can pull it off. I can hear my voice in my head really good right now! Let's just hope I can hear the music well enough out of the other ear to stay on pitch! It should be fun!
0 Responses

Post a Comment