Nikki
This weekend I had the rare chance to travel with the band. We had a fantastic time! All of our families were going to try and go, but I know Emily is still sick and Cami is very much pregnant, and we weren't able to get in to see the lights. So it ended up being the guys, Megan, myself, and Allison, Shannon's girlfriend. We had a great time even though we didn't get to see the lights. We got to go to the most amazing Mexican restaurant. People ask what was so great about it and I really couldn't put my finger on it. It was just great! We then went over to the pastor of Mountain Shadows church's parents house. They were having a Christmas party, but we got there when everybody was leaving because we had a 30 minute wait at the restaurant. See- I told you it was fabulous! I think everybody in town was there. Anyway, we munched on some delicious treats- they had a chocolate fountain with strawberries to dip in. We then went to the lodge where some of the band was staying. We laughed until we cried at all of our crazy stories. Then Jon and myself and Neil and Megan went to our hotel rooms. It was so nice to be kid free and get to spend some quality time with Jon.

We got up the next morning and went to the most beautiful church. It was made out of logs, beautifully decorated for Christmas, and just felt like home. The guys did an amazing job leading worship. We then went down to their fellowship hall- also a log cabin and had a homecoming style meal. Everyone at the church made us feel at home and boy can they cook!!

I was thankful I got to spend some time with Megan and Allison. I feel like since we all live so far a part that we rarely get to spend some girl time together. These girls are hilarious!!! I have know Allison for over 10 years, but it wasn't until recently that we were able to hang out again. I hope that some time in the near future that we girls can all go to dinner and maybe a movie. The guys get to hangout all of the time, so we are due some time where the guys watch the kids and we spend an evening of fun together.
0 Responses

Post a Comment