Nikki
As I am sitting here typing, I am thinking about all of the time I get to spend with my family over the next few days. Tomorrow begins our Christmas festivities. Jon is playing at a church for their Christmas Eve service and then it is off to my in-laws for lots of games, food, fun, and presents. We will then go home and finish our final preparations for the boys' Christmas. I can not wait to see the look on Jayce's face Christmas morning. He just turned three last month, so he is slowly, but surely understanding what "Claus" is all about. Christmas day will open presents at home and then we will travel to my oldest sister's house for my side of the family's Christmas. There again will be a ton of food, lots of hugs and kisses, and presents. I am one of five girls and we try to get together at least once a month with our parents, but rarely do all of my nieces and nephews get to get together- since there are only 11 of them!! Times like these are very special for us.


This is also a time for me and my family to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas. As a fairly "new" family (Jayce only being 3, Journ 4 months), we are trying to begin our own meaningful traditions. This past Sunday at church they passed out cake pans in the shape of a star. The object of the cake pan was to take time out to celebrate our Savior's birth and bake him a cake and reflect on whose birthday we are celebrating. I am probably the most guilty of all to get caught up in all of the rushing around that surrounds Christmas time. However, this year we are going to bake Jesus a cake and take time to honor his birth. Along with the baking of the cake, I think it is important to share the Christmas story with our boys. I love to hear family Christmas traditions, so if you have one that is special to you, please post it on my wall. We might just incorporate it into ours. :-)

Be Blessed.........
0 Responses

Post a Comment