Nikki
Not sure about other traditions around the country, but on New Year's day my family and I eat collards, black-eyed peas and cornbread. We have been doing this since I was a little girl, and my parents ate this when they were growing up too. I ate with my in-laws today since Jon and the guys are on their way home from Virginia. It is funny because when Jon and I first started dating we were unaware that each of our families did this. Maybe its a Southern thing, or maybe everyone does this, but New Year's wouldn't be the same without it.

I am looking forward to what 2011 is going to bring. 2010 was bittersweet. My second little boy was born, which was the highlight of my year. We found out the Christmas before that I was pregnant, so much of 2010 was anticipating his birth. 2010 also brought some great struggles. I had gotten to the point to where my faith was being so tested that I pretty much gave up. I almost demanded answers from God and when I thought I could not go any further, he came through with the answers of which I was desperately seeking. Now, all things haven't been roses since then, but my GOD has provided and strenghtened me with comfort during my times of doubt. God revealed some pretty magnificent things last year and I can only believe that these were just a sweet taste of what more is yet to come.

God has been speaking to me through his spirit about doing a fast at the beginning of the year. I know a lot of churches do this corporately at the beginning of the year, but I haven't truly felt called to do one until now. I believe he has directed me on the type of fast that he wants me to do, when to do it, and what to fast about. There are many things in my life that I want to see God move in. Specifically these include some of my unsaved family members, the direction and will of God in the ministry in Echoing Angels, and the overall year of 2011. To be perfectly honest, I am a little nervous about starting the fast. I am afraid that I will let my flesh take over and not complete what I feel God has called me to do. However, when I think about all that I am asking God to do I feel convicted about not pulling through on my end. I am excited to see what happens so stay tuned for continuous updates from all of the Echoing Angels ladies!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment