Megan
The fast was absolutely amazing! There were a few times I was afraid I wasn't strong enough, or I wasn't going to make it during the 21 days; but with strength from the Lord I was able to pull through! I kept a journal of each of my daily devotions. I hope that these entries will serve as a reminder when I'm having a rough day- I can refer to these prayers, thoughts, and scripture to get me through the tough times. Neil and I were able to do this fast together and it was great having someone to encourage me and hold me accountable. On those days I'm sure all I needed was chocolate, he kept me from eating it!

Just in time, our fasts ended the day before we left for Gatlinburg! I don't get to go on many trips with the guys, so when this date came up on the calender I made sure to ask for Friday off as soon as possible! As a kid, my family and I used to go to Gatlinburg all the time over Christmas break. There are so many memories of me and my family camping up there or renting a cabin. I hadn't been since I was in middle school, so I was so excited to go!

Echoing Angels played worship for a Winter Renewal Retreat this weekend. I have never seen so many teenagers on fire for God! There were so many students that were saved and rededicated their lives to the Lord that weekend. It was so inspiring- and of course, I cried like a baby. I always cry when people get saved! Like always, the music was amazing- all of the guys did a great job leading worship and they even got to play a few of their songs off the new album. The crowd really seemed to enjoy the them, and they pre-sold many copies of their new record!

I told Neil there were only a few things we HAD to do while we were in Gatlinburg:
1) Play putt putt golf
2) Go to the Christmas Place (one of may favorite Christmas stores!)
3) Go to the Pancake Pantry (one of my favorite restaurants- I LOVE anything that has to do with breakfast!)

We were able to do two out of the three. On Sunday, we walked into town excited for a belly full of pancakes, and the line was wrapped around the building! Shannon asked someone how long the wait was- TWO AND A HALF HOURS! Seriously? But I mean, they really are that good- totally worth the wait. However, it was almost lunch time. We were starving, and we needed to get on the road, so I reluctantly turned it down for the time being and we grabbed something for lunch before hitting the road.

I always love getting to spend time with these guys- they are hilarious! I also got to spend some quality time with Nikki. Emily was working this weekend, and Cami was home with her new little girl, so we were the only wives on the trip. We had a great time talking and catching up, and shopping. I'm glad I wasn't the only girl there! I'm so thankful I was able to be a part of this trip this past weekend. It was a much needed break from the studio!

0 Responses

Post a Comment