Nikki
Today has been a good day, but I have felt a little down about some things I have been praying for. For a second I wanted to be Negative Nancy and call a few friends and even vent to Jon about my frustrations. However, the Lord had his own agenda and I am so thankful.

Before I began my quiet time, I just told the Lord how I felt. I finished Jentezen's book on Fasting, but I scrolled through the last chapter and something caught my eye. It was a highlighted section that stated, "God wants you to ask Him for things that are bigger than yourself." So my question to God was, Why? Here is the Negative Nancy part, I said why Lord? I have been asking and praying about something for over 3 years. These past few years have been such a struggle and it just seems like you give us just enough to hold on to, but that is it? Why would I ask for something bigger than myself when for 3 years I have been asking and nothing really has happened (When I say nothing that is relatively speaking. Things have happened, big things have happened, but it seems like we still struggle.)

So after I vented to God, this is what he revealed to me. I picked up a book written by Max Lucado called, "For the Tough Times" and I went to the chapter entitled, "In the Silence, God Speaks". This chapter is about Job and all the trials and tribulations he encountered. It also describes how Job gives his opinions on God. Lucado states, that by how much Job was speaking one would get the impression that Job knows more about God than God does. God lets Job speak for 37 chapters of the book and then in the 38th chapter God answered Job. This is a portion of what God said to Job:
I will ask you questions and you must answer me.
Where were you when I made the Earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off how big it should be?
Surely you know!
Who stretched a ruler across it?
What were the earth's foundations set on,
or who put its cornerstone in place
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted with joy? (Job 38:3-7)

In other words God was saying to Job and especially to ME, "How dare you question me????" "If I can do all of this, don't you think I can and will do something great for you?"The Lord went on through chapter 38 and part of 39 with putting Job in his place. Chapter 40:4 details Job's response to the Lord. "I am not worthy; I cannot answer you anything, so I will put my hand over my mouth."

My lesson from this is, #1- keep my mouth shut!! and wait on the Lord. #2 Let God be God. He knows my needs. He does not need me going around complaining to others, worrying, etc.... He needs for me to Be Still and Know that He is God. I have to allow God time to do a miraculous work. I must be still, be quiet, be willing, and be open.
0 Responses

Post a Comment