Emily
Matthew 4:18-22

As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.


"at once, they left their nets".... wow, I would have grabbed my purse, James' coat, Eliza's diaper bag, and my keys all before I looked up at the face of Jesus, the one who was calling me. Would He have waited for me to decide what to bring before I followed him? Nope. That was an easy answer. I am the absolute worst at getting things ready before I leave for a trip. Ask Trey. I water the plants, get the mail, make sure the house is clean, etc. It drives him crazy. Just as I am sure that Christ gets so tired of waiting for us to get around to following Him. "They left their nets," which was their food, their income, their trade...it was who they were, all they knew. They left it ALL to follow Christ, they knew He was the King. But we drag it all behind us, trying to follow Him. Our past hurts and failures, our fears and worries, what could have been. We drag around our accomplishments too....the glory days, how good it was. They all define us. But they weigh us down. Fasting has a way bringing those things to the surface...the junk in our lives that hold us back from the will of God. God has something new, something better. God wants to make us fishers of men. He so desperately wants to use our talents and gifts to bring salvation to those we contact. We all touch so many lives.... how many more lives will you touch and how many greater things can you accomplish, if you let go of your nets? Whatever, they are.
0 Responses

Post a Comment