Megan
So, I was supposed to go to work last week, but the weather had a different idea. The snow/ice storm of 2011 hit Atlanta, and all of the roads were closed. I have never seen anything like this. My brother posted a video of someone ice skating down Peachtree Street! Needless to say, we didn't leave the house for a few days...

I can't say we were lazy though. Because we were not able to leave the house, and nothing on tv, we decided to clean the ENTIRE house- I mean, attic, closets, air vents, everything. We were cleaning machines! I'm glad we were snowed in because it gave us the opportunity to clean out the clutter. It's a nice way to start 2011- clean house, clean body, clean mind!

As I wrote in my last post, I started my first fast this month. Day 11 and still going strong! It has definitely been a challenge- especially cutting out the sweets. While we were snowed in, it was so hard not to make brownies and cookies and sit around and eat! All I wanted to do was cook and eat while we were cuddled up in the house. I told Neil that after the 21st day of our fast has been completed, I'm getting myself the biggest piece of cheesecake I can find!

Even though I'm hurtin for something sweet, this fast has been awesome. I have already seen God work in so many ways. During my daily devotions, the scripture I have read has been exactly what I needed to read and study for that day. I pray that through the second half of this fast that the Lord will give me strength and persistence. I want to thank all that have been praying for us during this time, your thoughts are truly appreciated! Here is to the next 10 days!
Labels: , , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment