Megan
Ok.. so turns out I don't think I can blog from an iPad. I received an iPad for Christmas this year. While that may seem very hipster/trendy and give you the assumption I am extremely tech savvy, you are wrong my friend. It takes me 5 minutes to send a text message! Neil had to register my iPad and set everything up for me on the first day, and still has to show me how to do anything on it! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it- I just wish I knew how to use all of the bells and whistles.

Gosh- you'd think I was 80 years old....



Anyway, I started my first fast today. Neil told me last week that a few of the members of the band and some of their wives were going to participate in a fast. Now, I have never participated in a fast in my life. I have read about it and heard about it, and have many friends and family members that have done it before, but I have never tried it myself. At the beginning of this week we were going to start it together. I wasn't really into it at first. I didn't quite understand the limitations, and I was frustrated. At first I felt like I was fasting to support everyone in the band, or to support my husband by doing it with him. I wasn't doing it for me...

After speaking with some good friends last night and much prayer, I have decided to start my first fast. As my friend said last night, God asks three things: pray, give, and fast. I have settled on a fast that will truly be a sacrifice for me, and one that will purify my mind and body to absorb everything God has for me these next few weeks.

It is only the first day and already I'm feeling very optimistic about the days to come! My devotion today was some of the most time I have spent in prayer and in the Bible in ---hold your breath--- months. I think over the next weeks God will reveal himself in a way that I have never experienced before. I'm extremely excited about what is happening.

For me, this fast is about the new year. Starting off on the right foot, prioritizing, and seeking God's will in all things. 2010 was a big year for all of us... I can't wait to see what God has in store for 2011!

0 Responses

Post a Comment