Cami

Today we took Lacey in to the station to meet all of my friends/co-workers. They've stood by us and prayed for Josh and I throughout the last year and a half through our miscarriages and this pregnancy. So it was neat to take her in and show her to everyone who has been on this journey with us. Lacey also made her debut on Kevin & Taylor in the morning. They had Josh and I on to talk about our journey and to introduce Lacey to the listeners. And at the end she came through with a cute little cry. We talked on the air with them about our journey in trying to have Lacey. We shared our story of our miscarriages and how we felt and what we went through and how our faith played a huge part of what we went through. Of course, I cried. Felt like a ding-a-ling. But, I was talking about Josh and how I couldn't have asked for a better man as he stood by me and was my rock throughout the whole journey and how on the days that I was really discouraged he was there to lift me up and stand for me. So, talking about Josh and his commitment to me made me cry. We were also able to talk about Echoing Angels and how their new cd comes out on March 22nd. We're all so excited about it, so it was neat to be able to talk about that as well. Then Kevin played "Say What You Believe" to close out the interview.

After I got home, I got an email from Taylor. A listener had sent her an email about hearing our story and how her and her husband have been on the same journey. They do not have any children but have been trying and suffered 2 miscarriages in 2010. She said that she had been listening to Kevin & Taylor online and heard our story and followed it the last couple of months. She said that "following their story the last few weeks with the birth of their baby has been an encouragement go me. Thanks for allowing them to share. It puts even that much more hope in my heart to hear another person talk about their loss and then to see them blessed with a baby." That was such an encouragement for me to hear today. Because sometimes you wonder why the Lord allows you to go on journeys like this. But, in the end when you know that your story has encouraged someone else who is going through the same thing, it helps ease the pain of the loss. We just want to be an open book of what we have gone through and let people know that there is hope and to not give up but to continue to hold fast and stay on the journey. The Lord NEVER leaves us or forsakes us. So, we just have to keep pressing on. And as I said on the air today, we will always miss not knowing the angel babies that we have in heaven but rejoice in knowing that we will meet them one day. But, having our Lacey Elisabeth definitely helps ease that pain of loss and fills it with so much joy!!!

0 Responses

Post a Comment