Nikki
Wow! Is all I can say about today. I had an amazing quiet time last night and was so excited about starting the fast this morning. God really spoke to my heart and I was so pumped about seeing what he was going to do. Well.... as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning, guess who was waiting to tear me down???? Yes, the enemy. I woke up in a horrible mood. The baby didn't sleep well last night, and then I had to get up relatively early. It was like I had this huge chip on my shoulder and everything just seemed to go wrong. I had to write out some bills and since I only get paid once a month and the last time I got paid was the middle of December and I won't get another check until the end of January, I began to worry about how we were going to make it the rest of the month. Didn't the Lord speak to me last night and assure me that he will provide my DAILY bread?? It was like he went ahead and laid this on my heart because he knew the enemy was going to throw this in my face. Jon and I talked about what was wrong with me and he said, "Look at you Nikki, it is just day one and you are already under attack, where is your faith??" and boy was he right. I was letting the devil steal my joy, peace, and excitement I had last night when I heard from the Lord.

I called up two of my dear friends that are strong believers and asked for their prayers. One had already began to pray for me because as she put it, I had just myself on the front line of the enemy by beginning the fast. My other friend gave me sweet words of encouragement and directed me to read Isaiah 58. This chapter is entitled "Fasting that Pleases God". I am so thankful for their friendship and praying for me today because it truly helped.

I know because of their prayers that I was able to have peace. I did not worry at all the rest of the day. I know that God WILL answer my prayers. Again, I believe this is why he directed me to the passage about having the faith of a mustard seed last night. He already knew what my struggles would be today. He knew exactly what the devil was going to hit me with.

So take it from me firsthand, when you are doing God's work, the enemy is going to do his best to try and tear you down. However, there is some excitement in that because if you weren't doing something for God then the enemy would have no reason to bother you. So- BRING IT ON satan!
0 Responses

Post a Comment