Emily
The New Year is here! It's really hard to believe that the album will be out in less than 90 days, March 22nd. This album has been long awaited, long prayed and fasted over and the excitement is building. I am in awe at what God has done.

God gave me a vision for Trey many years ago early on in our marriage. It was a BIG vision, something only God could do and I had no idea how we were gonna get there, but I knew my God could do it. It was easy to convince people around us who worshiped under Trey's ministry to catch the vision God planted because of his enormous talent. The hard part was the perseverance that was demanded of us while this vision is taking its time until fulfillment. Not everyone remained in the boat. I suppose if God had handed it to us so easily we would have missed some very key lessons. We have experienced God while waiting, truly experienced Him. How can you experience God if you never have a need? Many steps occurred over our 10 years together that are puzzle pieces to get us here, right in this moment. Here are some of the biggest ones:

1. God allowed me to get into Emory School of Medicine. Only by His mercy....So, GOd moved us to Atlanta.

2. God lead us to a church being planted in Marietta where Trey was trained under a great worship leader and we met some key people that have shaped our lives forever....So, God gave Trey training.

3. God lead us to another church plant, a bigger one, because we had the experience needed. This was a pivotal moment in our lives. There, the fulfillment of Trey's anointing was realized (maybe not by him, but by every one else). This church is Liberty Hill and the love of those people so molded us that we became different people. They encouraged and prayed for Trey and his ministry like nothing I have ever felt before...So, God gave feet to the vision.

4. They believed so much that money was given so that Trey could record with a well known producer in hopes to get his voice out there. Trey met this producer who fell in love with his voice and gave his music to Echoing Angels' producer....and there you have it...God opened a door.

So here we are. And there are dozens of things in between those 4 points that got us here. God called and we listened. Obstacles mounted in front of us, but the choice was clear. Had we not chosen His way, I don't where we would be...most certainly not about to release an album. God is so much bigger than we give Him credit for. The master conductor. I am so humbled to be chosen for this journey. Don't get me wrong...I doubted along the way. During the time we were at Liberty Hill, I became frustrated with God and why His vision was taking SOOOO long. Why hadn't Trey been discovered? Why hadn't God put him in the right place at the right time? Why was God being silent? Trey was willing, a servant heart, saying, "here I am , send me." In devotions one night during the summer of 2007, this was the verse God showed me;

Habakuk 2:

"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.

3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.

Wow. If you read Habakuk chapter 1, the prophet Habakuk is pleading with God, just as I had done. He is desperate for answers and this is what the Lord tells him. So, I wrote it down on paper, and I begin to tell anyone who would listen what God was gonna do. And we waited....it was six months later, a full year after Trey had recorded with that producer, that EA called. The cool thing about this verse is God gave it to Nikki recently too, only confirming for me what was said long ago. Now really, Echoing Angels stepping into our lives is point 5. Because that wasn't the vision yet, but a HUGE leap forward that God gave to us, an important part of the fulfillment. And all the while we were praying for God to move on our behalf, Echoing Angels was praying for a new lead singer. And Trey was an answer to their prayers. And now we all stand together waiting on point number 6. I wait eagerly to see if this new record is the revelation of the vision. I pray earnestly that "appointed time" is now......

Tomorrow we start our 21 day Daniel Fast. We begin every year with this fast, to get our priorities in line with God's. Many of the above mentioned "happenings" occurred only because we fasted and prayed. I am such a believer in fasting and am so passionate about it. It has opened many doors that otherwise would still be shut if we hadn't answered God's call to fast. We fast this year for many reasons, but mostly for the continued vision and fulfillment. I can't wait to see what God is going to do this year! I will be sharing each day on the 21 day fast so be looking out for that. I will share things that God has shown me through fasting. Hopefully it will serve as a guide for those of you who join us. Hundreds of thousands around the world will be entering the 21 day fast this month so pray and see if you should fast with us! God won't let you down! I promise!
0 Responses

Post a Comment