Cami
It's so hard to believe that our Lacey Elisabeth is one week old today. It has gone by so fast but at the same time it seems like we've had her forever. Josh and I have had sooo much fun with her this week. Like any new parents we are learning as we go. And even with the late nights with her we are still enjoying it so much! This is what I have dreamed about and longed for so long.

The healing process is probably what has been the hardest thing for me. I'm used to being independent and doing things on my own. But, yet, I keep pulling stitches and end up in a lot of pain. Josh keeps getting on me to just relax and take it easy. And I am trying hard to do that, but, it's just so hard. So, that's been the thing that I have struggled with this week. Today I was actually a good patient and stayed in bed almost all day today trying to take it easy. Josh has been an amazing daddy and caretaker. He'll never know how much I appreciate everything that he is doing for me and Lacey!!! We couldn't have asked for a better husband or daddy.

We still haven't been able to take her to her first doctors appointment since leaving the hospital because we have been snowed and iced in. We were supposed to have an 8 am appointment on Monday. Right now it could be Thursday before we get in. It's been crazy how this weather has really shut Atlanta down. But, hopefully we'll be able to get in to the pediatrician tomorrow. We're just waiting on a call from them to let us know that they are open and ready for us.

We want to say congratulations to our friends Jimmy & Kelly Needham. They just had their baby girl Lively a few days after Lacey. So we are so excited for them and cannot wait to meet her!
0 Responses

Post a Comment