Emily
Today we went back to our home church Liberty Hill. It was awesome to see everyone and be back where we belong. It is such an awesome church. We are acutely aware that Trey would not be in the position he is right now if not for the amazing people in this church. Their support is what got us here and continues to sustain us. The worship was awesome and the message spoke directly to my heart.

One of the things the pastor said was "the opposite of faith is safety. Faith takes risk." That hit me like a tons of bricks. It is so true. We are living that out right now. Everything we are going through right now feels unsafe, unsure, and full of unknown outcomes. But if we hadn't taken the chances over the last 10 years we would not be on the precipice of a new album, of a dream coming true, a fulfillment of a vision. It is so hard when faced with decisions to think about the long term goal and not just the short term discomfort. Its uncomfortable a lot... following God's will. He never leaves you in your comfort zone. If he did, you wouldn't experience God's fullness and faithfulness. One individual asked me this morning if I was still working full time. I said "yes," she asked why? I politely said that the money for Trey wasn't enough right now for me to quit. She said, "how depressing!" I was totally caught off guard for a moment. I am sure people have thought this before but just didn't say it out loud. Most people are supportive. After that moment passed, I said, "no, how exciting! God is showing His faithfulness and the the vision will be filled in His time. And I am not sad at the role I have." Its amazing...your ability to cope in your situation is all in how you perceive it! You can choose to look at all God is not doing that you think He should be or choose to look at all He has done and is doing!
0 Responses

Post a Comment