Cami
Josh and I have been married for about 2 1/2 years now. And it has been truly amazing! Ever since we were dating we always talked about wanting to have 2 kids. I wanted a boy and a girl while he said he wanted 2 boys. Once we got married we decided that we would wait a year before we would begin trying to have a little LeBlanc. So a year ago we started and in the beginning of August of 2009 found out that we were pregnant. We were so excited and overjoyed. Then on August 26th I started spotting and went to the doctor to find out that we were indeed having a miscarriage. We couldn't understand why this was happening. But really leaned on the Lord to get us through it. But, even though we had this tragedy we knew that it wouldn't stop us from trying again. In January of this year we found out again that we were pregnant and knew that this time was going to be different and were just so unbelievably happy! We found out that my progesterone was a low and so they put me on prometrium to help bring that level up. We figured that was probably what caused the first miscarriage. Well, a few weeks later after blood work and two ultra sounds we learned that our baby had stopped developing after 5 1/2 weeks. Lord please! Not again! I just couldn't believe it! So they scheduled me for a D&C the next day. I was stunned and just could not understand why this was happening again. I had begged God to not let me get pregnant again if I was going to have another miscarriage and yet here I got pregnant and yet again went through another miscarriage. It was devastating. I tried to find answers anywhere I could to figure out how I was going to get through this heartbreak. There were three songs that I clung to that really helped me during this time....What Faith Can Do by Kutless...Before the Morning by Josh Wilson...and You're Not Shaken by Phil Stacey. Every time I would get down I would turn one of these songs on just to help me get through the sadness. It's amazing what the power of music can do and how it can help you get through certain situations. During this period my amazing doctor decided that 2 miscarriages was enough and ran every test (24 total) possible to see if we could figure out the problem. 23 tests came back normal...1 didn't. They found out that I have MTHFR and in a nutshell basically my enzymes were not absorbing enough folic acid for the baby to grow. WE HAD AN ANSWER!!! We found out what I needed to do and started immediately on rectifying the situation. On April 19th Josh and I found out that we were pregnant with our little miracle! And now, we are 14 1/2 weeks along. My doctor had told me that she felt confident that if I could get through 14 weeks with no problems that the rest of the pregnancy should be just fine. So tomorrow I have another doctors appointment to go make sure the baby is great. And although I have no reason to think that this little miracle isn't okay, I'm still scared and anxious. I know God has blessed us with this little miracle and that this time it's going just fine. But, I think sometime Satan tries to pull in past memories and fears to make you doubt. But, I'm stand in faith and trusting God that our little miracle is just fine. Oh, and by the way, our little miracle's due date is New Years Eve. A GREAT way to end 2010!!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment