Emily
We had a great time in Panama City Beach. The kids were great (other than baby girl crying the entire trip home...but she hates the car and does it every time so I am getting good at ignoring it). Both love the water. She is a water baby, but only in the pool. She hated the sand, everything about the sand....don't touch me if you have sand on your hand! Didn't like to waves either. Clung to me like life depended on it. James, however, loved the ocean. Yesterday was only a yellow flag so everyone could get in the ocean again. He also beat me at Putt Putt....yes, I'm serious. He's 4 and ridiculous at it, even got a hole in one.

The band did a fantastic job leading worship this week and the campers loved them as usual. This must be mating season for tree frogs...or maybe they just bark all the time. There was a particular frog right outside the patio that barked ALL NIGHT long! Natalie (the kiddos fav babysitter came along to help me this week with the kids. She is SOOOOOO wonderful) and I tried to catch the stupid thing because he would jump and stick himself to the window glass. But our attempts were futile. They were actually so loud at the putt putt golf that you could hardly carry on a conversation! I mean, I grew up in the country...our frogs were loud all summer long, but I never remember hearing them bark like this, it sounded like a 100 poodles. Wow.

We also went and played putt putt with the band, minus the rugrats. It was a riot. There were several hole in ones by Josh. And Shannon lost his ball twice in the bushes. I lost as usual, tying with Shannon. Josh and Neil were next and Trey won, as usual.

The guys drive back tomorrow, only to leave for Hilton Head on Monday. I know they are exhausted, but excited to get on the road again. I have tomorrow to do laundry and repack since we are going to Hilton Head too. But I have to work a 16 hour shift on Sunday first. Yes, I am crazy. But it is my life. I may regret later taking us to Hilton head, but I really don't want to miss it. Trey and I went on our honeymoon there 10 years ago and haven't been back! So I am looking forward to it. I have never taken off 2 weeks of vacation in a row either. Its fun.

Ok, well, I am exhausted and gonna go to bed now with the kids. Yep, its 8pm, but I don't care. 7 am will come early!
0 Responses

Post a Comment