Cami
I have to say that one of the things that I love about my job is that I am constantly learning new things. I started working as an on air personality at the station back in 2001 not long after the station came on the air. It was one of those jobs that literally fell into my lap. I was looking for a job and a friend of mine told me that I should send my resume for the promotions assistant job. After her nagging me enough I sent my resume and to my surprise got a phone call back. After interviewing with them they decided that they were going to have someone already at the station add this job to their duties. And although disappointed, I understood because it was saving money. But, they called me back and said that they liked me so much that they wanted to hire me to be a board operator (basically do everything an on air personality did but not go on the air). So, I said sure. After a couple of months our program director asked me if I wanted to train to go on the air. So I was like sure...why not. LOL...who knew it'd be a job that I'd fall in love with and actually be decent at. I ended up working full time for them but worked the overnight hours from 10 pm to 5:30 am and did this for about 6 years. Then Josh and I got married and because our work hours were so different we never saw each other. Not the best way to start off our marriage. So after three months we decided that it'd be best if I came off of working overnights. So I became a fill in person. Well, this has opened opportunities for me to learn so many different things. I filled in for the morning show producer last year for about 3 1/2 months and just loved it and had an amazing time. Then this past February, I was asked to work with our three AM stations. And in April started working full time. They had me doing some travel and transit reporting. And in the last month have been doing traffic reporting. And it has been so interesting. You NEVER know what is going to happen. Take today for instance. I was filling in for the afternoon traffic girl. Things started off just fine. Then before you know it we had 3 accidents on the interstates (2 with in just a few miles of each other) that shut the interstate down. Then we had a few more accidents that had at least 3 lanes blocked and then of course you have your single accidents and stalls that block just one lane. But, when you're reporting for 2 different stations...whew...it becomes exhausting. But, it sure was fun because for me I learn better when I am thrown into the deep end and have to try to stay above the water. I'm just very happy to be learning new things. It keeps things fresh and fun. But, TGIF!!!! I'm sooo happy that the weekend is here! Knowing I do not have to get up at 4:45 for a few days is very exciting! Plus, Gracie (our furry baby) wasn't thrilled about getting up when it was dark and going to bed when it was light out. She didn't get that. But, Josh is on his way home now and will be home for a couple of weeks. So Gracie Bear won't have to worry about that. I don't think we have any big plans for the weekend but to just relax. And I am A-OK with that!!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment