Cami
Well, I just got home a little bit ago. The hours I was working have changed and I'm now working 6 am to 2 pm. I LOVE getting off early, but, boy, getting up at 4:45 in the morning is not easy. I used to think that 4:45 only came around once a day. Not anymore. But, that's why God invented naps, right?

Well, the guys are on their way to Hilton Head and actually should be pulling in right about now. Emily and Nikki and their families were able to go on this trip with them too. And although I'm so happy for them, I must say, I'm a bit jealous. Oh how I'd love to be hanging out with the girls and their kids on the beach and also spending time with Josh. The only times I've been out with EA has mostly in the winter time and it was FREEZING. Something just isn't right about that! I think that Josh needs to take me to the beach before the end of the summer. Maybe a last hurrah before the baby comes. ;-)

Anyway, I must stay and hold the fort down and work at the station. And thankfully, I do love my job and the people that I work with. They definitely make it a lot of fun and keep me laughing. Plus, with everything that we've been through in the last year with our miscarriages, they have been so supportive and caring. Even during this pregnancy they have all been so concerned. Any time I've been off I get texts, emails and phone calls checking on me to make sure everything is okay. It's so very sweet. And I know it makes Josh feel so good knowing that so many people care and are here for me, especially when he is out of town. Back in the end of May I started spotting and was afraid that I may be on my way to another miscarriage. Well, three of my co-workers came and prayed for me and prayed God's protection over this baby. Then I found out later that the word started spreading throughout the station and more people started praying. Blows my mind at their thoughtfulness! Then just today my friend Taylor came and said she had something for me. Well, the other day I had just told her about these cookies that I had been craving from Starbucks. And of course now that I'm craving them do you think I can find them? Of course not. Anyway, I told her about that the other day. Well today she surprised me with some cookies she found in the store that were very similar to the ones I was wanting. It was so sweet and thoughtful and very yummy!!!

I'm just so thankful for all the amazing people the Lord has brought into my life at work. With the exception of three months in 2006, I have been with the station since January of 2001. A long time! I couldn't have asked for a better place to work. This is my second family! It's truly amazing!

Well, after all that talk about the cookies, the baby is telling me that I'm hungry. So I'm gonna go get a snack! :-)
0 Responses

Post a Comment