Emily
Last night I got home from work and James, Eliza and I played in his dinosaur tent instead of making dinner. I think we all finally ate at 8pm but it was fun. Eliza even started roaring like a dinosaur. I didn't sleep well last night and hit the snooze too many times this morning and was late to work! Fortunately, my patient wasn't in the room already waiting for me. I don't think anyone even noticed. Whew. But I think I need to make myself a doctors appointment for some blood work. I just haven't felt myself. I am overly tired all the time. I know I live an insane life but this is a feeling I can't explain. Maybe its my thyroid or I'm anemic. Hopefully something easily fixed.

It has been exciting over the last month in our house, ever since Trey got back from California. Each day we get new mp3s of the songs on the album sent to us. It is so awesome to hear them taking on a life of their own. The top 3 songs that were in the running for the first single have been mixed and edited and are done! We have gotten those over the last few days. I didn't think they could sound better than the roughs but they do! Amazing. I didn't think the band was going to get a say in which one was chosen. But yesterday they all voted over email. It was unanimous, so we shall see if management and label agree. I can't say the name of the song yet, maybe next week. But if you have been to a concert in the last six months, Atlanta Fest or Celebrate Freedom or anything else, you have probably heard it. And chances are, you loved it. The song has gotten great reviews from you guys, the fans. And if you would like to hear it before it hits radio, come out to Faith Fest in north Georgia, near Gainesville . if its the one they voted on, its going to rock the radio waves! It's not the safer choice. But, let's say they do choose the less risky one, its still a fantastic song. And Trey sings his face off in it.

So tension mounts. I really don't think anybody realizes how much pressure they are under. I have to admit, I am having anxiety too. I feel like a school girl, a cheesy excited grin but with serious butterflies. You know the feeling. I know its in Gods hands, totally, I do! But I really just hope His goal is to allow Trey to do this for a lifetime. I don't want his answer to be "no" or not yet. We have been there so many years and it truly does feel that God brought us through for a reason.

To increase my anxiety, I have started making plans for the kids for October. Trey leaves the 4th for 4 wks. He and the guys will begin their national radio tour. So be listening in your hometown. They will rock their single live! But for me, it means a month of single parenthood. I have rearranged my work and call schedule, aggravated my boss no doubt. I have rearranged my moms work schedule. I have imposed on friends and family. So far they are willing and 3 of the 4 weeks are worked out. Praise God for His mercy on me...a big shout out to all my single mom friends. I am sympathizing...(is that a word?) So anybody that wants to meet me at McDonald's let me know. I have a feeling we will be there a lot!
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment