Nikki
eWe have been home for almost a week now and my new "normal" is just now setting in. Today was my second day with just me and the boys and I have come to the realization that my new normal is filled with lots of diaper changes, my 2yr old is still not potty trained :-( and has no interest in it, bottles, bottles, and more bottles, an abundance of laundry already, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses!!!

The delivery of my little boy could not have been more perfect. Jon and I got about an hour's sleep the night before. We left home at 5 in the morning and arrived at the hospital at 5:30. People tease me about having my hair and make-up done for my c-section, but my question is why not? I did not want to look like a "hot mess" in the first pictures of me and the baby and with it being planned, doing my hair and make-up is just part of my normal routine. Anyway, I waited in an observation room for about 2 hours before the surgery. During this time they hooked me up to an IV and did some other pre-surgical things. At 7:30 I was wheeled into the operating room where they gave me my spinal, which surprisingly wasn't that bad. Within 24 minutes of being in the OR my sweet little boy was here. We asked the doctor to let Jon tell me the sex, since we didn't know, and that made it even more special. Journey Rhodes was and is absolutely perfect!! He was a little guy only weighing 6lbs 12 oz. The nurses took the baby to a holding area where they bathed him and after I was stitched up I was rolled into recovery. I spent three full days in the hospital and came home last Thursday.

It has been good being at home with my family. The Lord has truly blessed me with two of the sweetest children ever. Jayce absolutely loves Journey and so far has not shown any signs of jealousy. Journey just sleeps most of the day. He seems to only fuss a little bit when he gets hungry or needs to be changed.

I would not change my new "normal" for all the money in the world. Thank you Lord Jesus for all you have blessed me with!
0 Responses

Post a Comment