Emily
It wasn't a walk down memory lane, it was a swift jog! The place has changed so much yet not at all. Walking around welled up so many emotions for me that were good and bad. That camp was the place my best friend Brooke accepted Christ and memories of her flooded back making me miss her even more. It was great to see old friends. I hope they do this every year or so. That place means so much to me. I spent countless hours there as a teenager and it is where I truly gave my heart to God and I learned to worship.

After the meeting with the City, it turns out we are going to stay in our house for now. They have decided to annex us and our neighbors. This time they have promised to force the two neighbors who will not even discuss the matter with the City to annex as well. They are what has been holding us back from getting sewage for 5 years! We have a majority vote and that allows the city to force them. Thank goodness! Supposedly, the paper work is being started. I hope this doesn't take another 6 months. A couple days of heavy rain and we are sunk! But I absolutely can't wait to be on city sewage. Some people may get excited over new clothes or a new car. Not me! I am SOOOOO excited to take a bath and run a load of laundry at the same time!!!!!!! Yes, to poo in my toilet and not wonder every time I flush if the tank is full! Hahahaha.

I came home from my trip yesterday and Trey had resealed our slate tile shower. It smelled like a million permanent markers threw up in our house. And still does. I think Trey was high on fumes when I got here. We opened all the windows and turned on the fans last night. I felt like I was camping!

So I am off to get my kids. They stayed with my mom last night. Trey and I rented a movie and slept in to 9am. Such a luxury.
0 Responses

Post a Comment