Nikki
Wow! two blogs from me in one day!! Unheard of!! Well, anyway.... Jon showed me the routing for the radio tour last night and that is when it hit me that he (and the rest of the band of course) is going to be gone almost the entire month of October. For Trey he is going to be gone the entire month and the rest of the guys will be out for 3 weeks. I have to admit that I got a little emotional with that thought. I am so grateful for the band to have this opportunity. And equally as grateful that the Lord has surrounded them with such an amazing management team that is fully invested in Echoing Angels. However, I am a little heart broken to have Jon gone for such a long time. The really stinky part about it all is that I am still on maternity leave and since we have had the baby Jon has been here. Now he will be gone the last two weeks of my leave. I have really enjoyed having him here. We have been able to spend a lot of time together and with the boys. I am really going to miss him. He did the sweetest thing. He knew I was going to need a lot of help when he left so he has lined up people to come and help me. As I have stated before, I have an amazing family! My in-laws, who I consider second parents, and my dear parents live only a few miles from me. They have both graciously said they would help in any way.

I have also been worried about our finances this coming up month. With the guys on tour then no shows have been booked. Therefore, there isn't any income coming in from EA. Also, with being on the road, Jon is unable to work his other job. Since I have to go back to work then we also have to start paying childcare. So....... needless to say, I was a little worried until earlier today. I had texted Jon while he was at work and just told him I was a little down and out today thinking about him being gone, how we were going to pay our bills, etc...... He texted me back with what he had just seen on twitter. It was entitled, "Trusting God with the Unknown" by Rick Warren. He (Rick) said, "It's not my job to figure out how God is going to do it. My job is to trust Him." I know beyond a shadow of a doubt Jesus was speaking directly to me!!!!! Enough said- He will take care of all of our needs-both emotional and financial. I hope this encourages someone.

As I am sitting here typing I am slowly but surely figuring out how the Lord is using my lack of faith to minister to others. It seems like every time I doubt or worry and exhibit a lack of faith- which sadly is often- He shows up in a mighty way. So, to those of you who struggle with this also I am here to be a witness to God's faithfulness.

Take care and God Bless!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment