Emily
We survived week 3 which was pretty easy since I was off. I had worked the weekend, 2 - 16 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. Despite having done that after a very long 40 hours already, it wasn't so bad. Now we are almost winding up week 4!. However, poor James is so anxious these past few days about who is coming and watching him or taking him to school. It really makes me feel bad. We have had a variety of friends helping me out. This week alone, if you include me, there are 4 different people. He has come into my room at 4 in the morning two nights in a row asking who will be here when I leave, and why aren't they here yet.:( Yes, here comes the mommy guilt.) This morning, he never went back to bed. I found him in the fetal position outside my door! I scooped him up, he had actually fallen asleep there with the cats, and put him in my bed. He watched cartoons while I got ready and we waited for Natalie, our wonderful babysitter, to get here. Once she arrived, he was totally fine. I made sure he knew he could come sleep with me if he was lonely. (He gave a sheepish grin, so that will probably back fire on me) but I don't ever want him to feel insecure. Eliza seemed ok with everyone. And I got all smiles when I picked her up from daycare, usually she falls to pieces as soon as she sees me.

So, yesterday I came back to work after 7 days off. I returned to all the drama. Yesterday I escaped most of it because I was assigned to the surgery center and not at the main hospital, the mothership. We all got yearly evaluations from our MD supervisors and my boss decided to choose a top 5 with the highest scores and email us with that list and tell us those people were up for a bonus. Um....I obviously am not on the list or I wouldn't be blogging about it. That's not true, I would have problem if I was on the list too. It has started quite a fire here. We have an awesome group I work with and we all work hard and are team players. I don't think any one person is better than the other and to do this list makes me feel unappreciated and not valued. It intentionally sets apart a group of people who don't want to be. It has started arguments over why these people were chosen and why they don't deserve it. I have no problem with the people chosen, I have a huge problem with the "list". It causes division in a group of friends. It's ok to have people with higher scores than others but you discuss that individuallly and privately tell them their reward. This isn't a sales department where we compete. I admit, this infuriated me at first. It comes after a long list of other infractions and I have just about had it with the intimidating, divide and conquer leadership style. But I have since cooled down and I know that my worth is not weighed by a piece of paper! I am valuable in the eyes of God and will continue to work as unto the Lord. I will do my best to be gracious and thankful for the job I do have.

Enough about that. Trey gets home Friday night and we have Saturday and Sunday together as a family before Trey heads out again. I am looking forward to trick or treating! I can't wait to see the kids in their costumes.
0 Responses

Post a Comment