Nikki
So I have my hubby home for a day or two, so we decided to spend as much time together and with our boys. Last night we went to Jon's high school football game. It was alumni night, so we got to see lots of old friends. I teach at the middle school that feeds into the high school so it was good to see some of my past and present students as well. The weather was amazing so we decided to take the little guy. He did great! He actually slept the entire time we were there and Jayce loved seeing the band- especially the drum line.

We woke up this morning and went to Jon's parents house where my mother-in-law had made a yummy breakfast. This morning we had biscuits and gravy, chocolate syrup ( if you haven't ever had this let me know and I will give you the recipe- it is amazing), bacon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and of course sweet tea! We left there and came home to get ready to go to the pumpkin patch. We have a fruit farm just up the road from us so we took the boys and picked out a pumpkin to carve. While we were there we just had to get boiled peanuts, homemade peach preserves, and an apple pie. With it being such a beautiful day we decided to just drive around a while enjoying this fall weather. With our bellies full and it being later in the day, we all came home and crashed. Tonight we plan to carve our pumpkin and continue to spend time with Jon until he leaves again late tomorrow night.

Although I hate to think all of this fun is about to end because the guys go back on the road Sunday evening, I know we are exactly where God wants us to be. He continues to move and reveal opportunities for Echoing Angels to play music for His glory. I am excited about what all God has done so far and what He continues to do and I can not wait to have him back home even if it is for a few days. I have learned to keep myself really busy while Jon is gone so these next few weeks are going to be filled with spending time with friends and family.
0 Responses

Post a Comment