Cami
The last 24 hours have been such a whirlwind. Yesterday, we learned that my Grandpa Poe was not doing well and that the kids needed to get to Michigan as soon as possible. He has been suffering from Parkinson's diseas for many many years and has been in a nursing home for the last several years. This week he had gotten pneumonia and was having some heart issues. Well, at 2:30 am this morning he finally received his complete healing and went to be with the Lord. Today I heard Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine" and it made me smile because I was thinking about how my Grandpa was running down the streets of gold shouting at the top of his lungs that he was home. Reuniting with my Grandma Poe who went to be with the Lord when I was 8 years old. And thinking about how they are hugging each other and Grandma Poe is probably introducing him to our 2 angel babies that are up there in Heaven. What a glorious day that is! While we mourn here on earth we are also rejoicing that he is no longer in pain. I have so many memories from my childhood. The one memory that lasts with me the most is when I ended up staying with my Grandma and Grandpa Poe for almost a month while my parents went back to Iowa to pack up and move us to Michigan. We would go to Big Boy's after church. We would talk with their neighbor Mr. Martin while calling each other Mr. Turkey's. I remember him taking his 2 nubs and pinching me under the arm as I squirmed to get away. I remember playing Scrabble and asking him if he wanted to play and he would say that all he could spell was CAT. I also remember the time that I went to stay with my Grandpa during the summer. We went to church and the little old man behind us was burping all the way through song service and through the beginning of the sermon. We got to laughing so hard we were crying and ended up having to leave church because we couldn't stop. I remember him graciously opening up his house so myself and 10 of my college friends could stay there as we drove from Minnesota to go to a classmates funeral there in town. So many great memories of my Grandpa Poe growing up. We will miss him but know that we will see him again someday soon!
1 Response
  1. klpgolfnut Says:

    Cami those are awsome memories and I am glad that GOD has given you those to remember him by. He was one of the most LOVING and Compasionate men I have ever known and I too am sure that he is truly happy now. We are praying for all of you.
    Love Ken L. Poe


Post a Comment