Emily
I am finally nearing the end of my 68 hr stretch. For all those who work those kind of hours in 5 days normally, I praise you. I am exhausted. I feel like I have a hang over. I am an 8 hour of sleep kind of girl and this 5 hours at night is for the birds! But I am pushing through because the reward is great! 6 days off, just the kids and me. I am not sure I have ever had that kind of time without going on a trip. No plans.....hmmm. Well, I do have some: watch movies with James, bake cookies, play, play, play. Oh and work on Eliza's costume. James wanted her to be an elf, yes, one from Santa's workshop. He is going as Bumblebee, the transformer. When I suggested Eliza be Optimus Prime, I got an emphatic "no....maybe an elf!" I thought the idea so so cute that I decided to make her a costume. I am NOT a sewer, I don't even have a sewing machine. But I'm creative and have an iron and stitch witch. So, we'll see. I might be running out the night before to buy the last tinkerbell costume at Target! But I made James a woody cow vest a few years back and it turned out great, so my hopes are high. I can't wait to see her in it. Now, if I could just get her to let me puddy on some elf ears...yeah, never gonna happen.

We have entered week 3 of the month long radio tour. I am really starting to miss Trey. And the kids are starting to wonder too. Eliza asks me " where'd daddy go?" with her little hands held up in question. Last week that didn't bother me. Now it makes me a little teary. But Trey will be home Friday night and we get him for a whole 24 hours before he leaves for Seattle. I know he is ready to see us too. A HUGE thank you to treys aunt and uncle, Leigh and Larry who came down to help me last week. I could not thank them enough. The kids loved them and miss them already. I do too. The company was nice. I have been in the family for more than 10 years, but I know them better after a week! They are such great people and its awesome that we have a deeper relationship now. They, and my mom and dad, helped us survive week 2. My parents are bringing the kids back today after I get home from work. They have had them for 4 days. They have such a great time together but I am ready to have them home and I'm sure my parents need a break too. Speaking of break, mine is over....surgery is calling my name....
0 Responses

Post a Comment