Megan
Have you ever had one of those days that you swear "Please give me a hard time" is tattooed on your forehead? I had one of those days... every day this week. I had something happen to me at work everyday this week that made me question why I work where I do. For those of you that watch 30 Rock (on of mine and Neil's favorite shows!), I have felt like Liz Lemon everyday! At a dance studio, you are working with the public's two most important things: their money, and their children. I'm finding that it is almost impossible to please every customer.

People who know me know that I am a people pleaser, and I absolutely try my hardest at work to help everyone. I take it personally when someone gets angry or upset, and I am trying my best to learn not to take it home with me, or let it effect my teaching. It's hard to go from dealing with the office all day, to teaching in the studio at night. I try to think of them as seperate jobs. I absolutely love teaching and choreographing, so I try not to let a bad day effect the way I treat my students. This week has made it especially hard on me.

This morning Neil had to get up extra to play at a church, so I stayed home and watched NorthPoint Online. It was one of those sermons where you felt like God was speaking directly to you. It was about God's plan for your life, and keeping focused on him through everything that is happening around you. So many times this week I have felt like someone's personal punching bag, and have been feeling sorry for myself instead of staying focused on Him. I should be praising God I have a job at a place that I actually enjoy, or praising Him because I have a job at all. I have been focusing on the negative, and it has been bringing me down. I have to remember to be gracious and thankful in all that he has blessed me with! I cannot control what may happen to me, but I can control how I react to it. For a Type A planner sort of person, it is hard for me to remember that God is in control, not me. After trying to deal with things myself for some time now, I finally have fallen to my knees and asked Jesus to take the wheel!
Labels: , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment