Cami

It happened 4 years ago today. A day that I had looked forward to my whole life. A day that would change who I am forever. A day that I would agree to spend my life with someone. Yes...4 years ago today Josh proposed! I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I actually had a remote for The Fish that morning. While we were there Josh called me and told me that he wanted to take me to a nice restaurant that night but wouldn't tell me where. Now, going to a nice restaurant wasn't cause for me to be suspicious as every once in awhile we would dress up and go out someplace nice. But, when he wouldn't tell me where I thought it was a little odd. I told my friend Pam who was with me that I wondered if he was going to propose since he was being so sneaky. But, I had thought several times before that he might propose and didn't. So, I did not get my hopes up. I just decided that I would enjoy that night out. So, he came and picked me up at the house and we left but he still wouldn't tell me where we were going. Finally, we ended up in Buckhead and he pulled into the driveway of a place that I LOVED...Anthony's! The station I work for had a Christmas lunch there about 4 months before and I fell in love with that place and had told Josh about it. It's an old plantation that was turned into a restaurant and events place where a lot of weddings and receptions have been held. It is sooo beautiful! Anyway, I couldn't believe that he remembered that I had mentioned this place before. We went in for dinner and it was just absolutely lovely and soooo yummy!!! There was a reception going on downstairs and so we were able to see the wedding party walking around outside. The back area where they have weddings at still had the string lights up all around the gazebo and fireplace. After we got done eating and were about to leave Josh said we should go explore and check out that area. We went over to the gazebo area where there was a fireplace and he started telling me how much he loved me and then next thing I know he got down on his knee and asked me to be his forever. Wow...what a moment! I was sooo excited and couldn't believe that it was finally happening. I found out later that Josh had driven down there and talked to the restaurant and told them that he was going to propose there and so they told him they would leave all the lights on back there after the wedding that afternoon. Josh is so amazing! He made that night so magical! I'm one lucky girl! I'm so blessed to be married to him!
0 Responses

Post a Comment