Nikki
My church began revival Sunday and boy has it been good!! I feel so blessed to attend a church that accepts people of all races and all backgrounds. The spirit has been moving so much through praise and worship and through the messages. There have been at least 5 people saved each night, many rededicating their lives to the Lord, and last night we had a young lady come forward to be annointed by oil. Sunday night our preacher preached on Jonah. About how the Lord called him to go to Ninevah to preach the gospel, but instead he fled because he was afraid. I thought about how this applied to my life in so many cases. I know the Lord is calling me to believe and trust and go, but becuase of fear of the unknown I often turn away. Thankfully, we serve such a merciful God that he does not turn his back on us. He persues us until we give in to his command. I haven't ever been put in to the belly of a whale, but I too have experienced times in my life where darkness and dirtiness surround me and I have cried out to the Lord to help me. It often takes going through that nasty belly to see the bigger picture. However, God will bring us back even stronger because of what we have gone through.
0 Responses

Post a Comment