Cami






The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy but also super fun. I know the other girls have already talked about our trip to Chattanooga with the guys (Echoing Angels). Here is a picture of the Real Angels (including Eliza and Lacey) at the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition house that was being built. It was really cool to be there to see this actually happen in person. It truly was amazing to see all the volunteers come together to help this family out. It's supposed to air on Mother's Day, so it'll be cool to see the whole thing put together.

Anyway, after we got back on that Saturday, Lacey and I left on Sunday with my parents to go to Missouri to visit my Grandma as well as my Aunt Barby and Uncle Paul. My Aunt Mary, Aunt Susan and my cousins Andy and Holly were also able to come into town and visit as well. It was a really great visit. A little bittersweet at times. It's hard to see Grandparents growing old. My Grandma Senf is my only living grandparent that I have left. And she has been dealing with Alzheimers and it seems to be getting worse. It's such a horrible disease! But, it was so sweet seeing her love on Lacey. At one point we took a 4 generation picture and Grandma wanted to keep holding Lacey in the rocking chair. So I went to put up the camera and I heard my Grandma start singing "Rock-a-bye Baby" to her. She got through the first part of the song and then couldn't remember the words so she just hummed it until she got to the end where she remembered the rest of the words. It was just so precious and such a memory that I will forever hold in my mind. I'm so glad that we got the chance to go and spend time with her and the family. Like I said it was so bittersweet. My Grandma is so precious...but Alzheimers Sucks! I hate seeing my Grandma like this. I'm just so thankful for all the memories that I have of my Grandma when she was spunky and vibrant and just so full of life!

This week has been a busy week so far. It seems like when you gt back from a trip you have to play catch up with laundry and stuff. So that's what we've been doing. I'm excited that on Thursday I'm gonna go get my hair done. I haven't had it cut in a year. Yuck! So, I'm very excited to get a little pampered. Friday Lacey is getting her first round of vaccinations so I'm a little nervous about that because Josh will be out of town with the band and I'm gonna have to take her by myself. I'm sure I'll be more nervous about it than Lacey. Oh well...we'll get through it.

Don't forget that Echoing Angels CD comes out this month on the 22nd. We really need your help as we are trying to make the guys CD #1 on that day and you can help us by pre-purchasing your CD. You can go to http://www.echoingangels.com/ and pre-purchase. The guys will even autograph it for you if you do it today. So please help us out! It's an amazing CD and you won't be disappointed!!!
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Aww, seems that even Alzheimer can't take away your grandma's sweetness. Indeed, Alzheimer is a horrible disease. Good thing there are people taking care of her. Keep holding on to those good old memories. I wish you good luck and good health for her. =)

    Taneka Carl


Post a Comment