Megan
This weekend has been extremely productive for me. This has been the first weekend in a long time that I haven't been really busy or out of town. On Thursday, Neil headed to Nashville with EA to meet with management and then off to North Carolina for a concert with EA. This month their CD comes out, so they have many meetings and preparations for the release. I am so excited! We are so ready for this album to hit stores!

Since I am home by myself this weekend, I have been able to get so many things done. On Friday after work I made my first pound cake. Being a woman from the South, I think it is important I know how to cook. I have always grown up with my mom and my grandmother cooking big meals and baking. My mom always had a pie, cake, or cookies in the house! With my teaching job the way it is, I rarely have time to cook or bake anything because I'm never home. I got my new Southern Living Magazine in the mail and saw a recipe for a key lime pound cake. I knew I had to give it a try. It took me about 2 hours to complete the whole thing- bake time and all, but it turned out delicious! I swear- it looks straight out of a cook book. I was very proud of myself. You can ask Neil- I have had my share of kitchen disasters, so when this cake turned out pretty AND edible, I was stoked!

Today I cleaned the house a bit and then filed my taxes. I dread filing my taxes every year, but I'm glad I went ahead and got them done. One less thing to worry about!

Tomorrow I'm off to another performance with my company girls from the studio. I really couldn't ask for a better group of girls. They all work so hard and are so positive. I love teaching them! Last weekend we had our first dance competition. They did really well- I feel like a proud mother! I am so blessed to get to do what I love for a living.

Here is a picture of me and my Sr. Company girls from last weekend:














On top of the performance tomorrow, I have to start choreography for our June Show. I'm really excited to get started on choreography for this year's recital- we start on Monday. It's always a big deal when we start choreography- we reveal the theme for the recital and the girls get to see the costumes. It's such a fun week!

Well, I'm off to bed so I'm ready for my day of dance tomorrow!
0 Responses

Post a Comment