Emily
Today is our sweet baby girl's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it!!!! I admit, I am a little sad to see her leave the baby stage, it has been so much fun!!! She is so awesome and the most beautiful baby girl. We had a party today for her which we threw together spare of the moment, so if you didn't get an invite, I apologize. Trey was supposed to be in Chicago today so I didn't have anything planned. But the show fell through and we thought we should take advantage while he was here. We had a wonderful Minnie Mouse inspired day! My cousin and his wife and girls bought her a minnie mouse costume not even knowing this was the theme. She wore it all day!!! SO cute. My mom and dad, another cousin and her kids, aunt and uncle came and Cami and Josh. We had tons of fun!!
She is my little miracle. There was a some drama in her delivery two years ago. My doctor thought I had a placental abruption, which is when the placenta pulls away from the wall of the uterus and is most definitely a true emergency for mom and baby when it occurs prior to delivery. It appeared mine had been there for some time but was stopped a large blood clot. Once she noticed it, we were well passed the need to worry, this baby was coming and right on time! God spared us. He truly protected Eliza and I. Our outcome could have been very different. Then, a week after she was born, we were called by the pediatrician to head straight to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. There was something drastically wrong with her blood work. She was very jaundiced and lethargic. She was re-tested and found that she did not have a thyroid. A birth defect? She is missing an organ? I fell apart! Without a thyroid the brain can not develop properly. When this is not corrected, it leads to Cerebral Palsy. But the routine blood work saved her life. She was started on meds that day and is a normal little girl, hitting every mile stone with ease. She does have to go to the endrocrinologist every 2 months and have blood work drawn. It is critical until age 3 that her thyroid levels stay within normal range since this is when the most critical brain development occurs. She takes her medicine everyday as soon as she wakes up and can not eat for 30 minutes. This is really difficult as an infant, oh my goodness. But now she takes the medicine herself and knows she can't eat for a while. And James is so patient, he doesn't eat until she can. I truly believe this little heck-raiser has a giant purpose. God saved her life twice all within a week of her existence. I can't wait to see what she will do for His Kingdom!
0 Responses

Post a Comment