Emily
The weekend has gone by so fast, probably because I slept most of Saturday. I just felt awful. But I was paying for the fact that we went out Friday night and stayed out WAY too late. I wasn't feeling well, but we had these plans with Cami and Josh for 2 months and I was not about to break it. We went to The Melting Pot and had so much fun. It was so nice to just sit and visit. Then, Trey talked me into a late movie. He really wanted to see the new Harry Potter. He was afraid we would not get to see it because we hardly ever go out, and since we had a babysitter, why not? I agreed and the movie was really good....a cliff hanger. I wonder when the last movie will be coming out. I paid for it though, because I felt so tired and sluggish Saturday. I like my sleep when I am feeling healthy, and even more so right now. I think I went to bed at 845 two nights last week! I am trying my hardest not to call in to work. You are highly looked down on when you do that in my field, plus it is the end of the year and am running out of PTO. Before we met Cami and Josh for dinner, Trey and I went to Toys R Us. We went to get a head start on Santa. We did really well. I had some coupons and they were having a really good sale. So we bought each child their big Santa item and the rest from us will be bought after the next pay check. I really do LOVE going to the store and picking out things we think will make our kids' day. It is so much fun. However, it is much better to go now than to wait until closer to Christmas. We made that mistake a couple years ago, I think we ended up there on Christmas Eve. It was our first experience with Toys R Us. It looked like a bomb went off in there. If they still had the product you wanted, you would never be able to find it. We decided we would never do that again. We were just new parents and naive! But we can still laugh about it. I am so excited about Christmas this year. James is SO excited that it is rubbing off. We watched The Santa Clause with Tim Allen last night. James was in awe. It was fun to see. I had big plans of getting out the Christmas decorations this weekend, but I just could not get motivated. I did do 500 loads of laundry and clean out the toy box. I threw away a bag full of happy meal toys. And we don't eat there often...I think they multiple at night! I work 2 weekends in December, so I have no idea when all that is going to get done.

Oh, you wanna know something funny. We have gone out on 2 dates the last 2 Friday nights which is unheard of! Last week, I lost my keys there. After much searching and calling every place we went, the theatre had them. I had to send my mom to go get them because that was over where they live. Friday night, Trey, who never loses anything!, left his wallet there! I just thought that was really interesting and little funny, not a lot....just a little, since we did get everything back.

Today the weather was so nice and warm that we all played outside. Trey raked leaves into the biggest pile ever and we all had fun in it. Overall, it was a really nice weekend. Our leaves have been prettier this year than they have in the 7 years we have lived here. It is really beautiful. I am off to bed now. I only work 2 days this week, thank goodness. But it is bound to be busy! Everybody and their mother wants surgery on a holiday week so they can take less time off work. So I am going to need my sleep.
0 Responses

Post a Comment