Emily
We totally just did something soooo uncharacteristic! We went to Krispy Kreme for dinner....yep, that's right. Doughnuts...the dinner of champions. What prompted this outing was a conversation at lunch we had with James. I said something about a doughnut and James said "what's a doughnut....is it round?" That baffled me that he hadn't had a doughnut in so long that his brain had no memories, let alone a Krispy Kreme, the melt in your mouth, best in the world when their hot doughnut! We just don't eat a lot of sweets. The only candy from his trick or treat bucket that he knew the name was M&Ms. That's been fun watching him discover other candy wonders. So Trey said we should all go later in the afternoon. But, of course, after house work and yard work, it ended up being at 6pm, just in time for dinner. Trey actually called before we left to make sure the "Hot Now" light was on so we could get doughnuts right off the conveyor belt! And we did. And now I feel sick. Me, being coupon obsessed, had one for 1/2 off the 2nd dozen but I knew that was too many for us so I gave it to the older gentleman behind us in line. Later, very enamored with our kids, came over and asked us to pick out some doughnuts to take home from his box. I wanted to refuse but eager James took 4 more and now we have almost a dozen we brought home! Talk about an immediate blessing and 5 extra pounds. Eliza, turned into a teenage girl, and refused to take part in the doughnut extravaganza, keeping her girlish figure. But she and James both enjoyed watching the doughnuts being made through the window. It is pretty cool. He said, "I wish I could have that job!" We laughed and told him when he was 16 he could. He said he would bring home doughnuts. Haha. Hopefully he will have more ambition at some point! But hey, it would have some perks...
This was a good weekend. Trey was home and we have enjoyed being a family. I went to Cami's baby shower yesterday. It was fun with lots of yummy food. I am blessed to have her in my life. Megan went and we got to hang out. She is the newest wife in the band and I haven't had much time to get to know her. It was really nice to have that time to talk and the learn more about her. I like her SO much. It still baffles me that God gave me such wonderful friends in the wives of this band. It could be such an awful relationship, but it's not. A totally unexpected blessing straight from the hand of God.
This morning we went back to Liberty Hill, our old church where Trey used to lead worship. At the Wednesday night EA concert, (yes, I went with kids in tow. They had a great time and Eliza did too even though she was under the weather. But I paid for it because she was up ALL night after that and I had to work the next day, poor baby) Anyway, some of our friends came, one being the sound man and another a singer in the worship band. Both convinced me to come back and sing today. I took them up on their offer. I am so glad I did. It is always a blessing to worship and to be loved on by friends. That is the greatest church. The people make it incomparable to other churches, so full of love and passion. I do hope to go back and sing again. Not being able to make it to practice during the week makes it hard and unfair to the others. So we will just have to wait and see.
I am off to finish some laundry before I am off to bed, I work tomorrow. Can I just say how much I do not like Day Light Savings....its got us all screwed up already.
0 Responses

Post a Comment