Megan
So, this weekend was great! I have been sick for almost a week and a half with this awful cough, and I thought Neil and I were just going to stay in. Out of nowhere, some of Neil's friends came across some free tickets to Six Flags, and invited us to go to for the day. I had already determined that I was staying in that day to get better- but come on, free tickets to Six Flags? And during Fright Fest?? Yes, please! I didn't care if I was going to be paying for it all the next week, we were going to Six Flags for Halloween!

On Sunday I stayed in (Neil played at a local church) and watched a message on northpointeonline. They are doing an awesome series right now about God's "Gameplan" for your life. The premise is all about knowing your purpose, your gifts, and about following God's calling for your life. It is AMAZING! I took an online questionnaire provided by Northpoint Community Church and learned more about my spiritual gifts, and how to use them for God's purpose. It is so amazing to think that God formed us in a way that is unique to us as an individual- all of our talents, gifts, our physical make-up, personality, emotional make-up. It blows my mind that we are all beautifully and wonderfully made. We are all heaven-sent, and we were created glorify Him. If you get the chance, you should really watch the series of messages, they are life-changing!

This of course made me think of my role as a wife of a musician. I didn't know when I got married that Neil would join Echoing Angels a year later- it was alot to take in at first. It was hard to stay at home and work by myself while he was off traveling and doing what he loves to do. i have to admit, I was jealous, and selfish. Since I am an artist myself, it made me want to go out and follow my dreams; to establish my career as a dancer and a choreographer. It took me a while to understand and realize that he was using his God-given talents to praise Him, and to inspire others. This was his "gameplan." All of the members of the band have truly been called into this ministry. As much as they have been called to make music, we (me and the other wives) have been called to our ministry. We are their constant support system, promoters, and their biggest fans! I am so happy for everything happening for them right now, it is so exciting. One of the most exciting parts is that I have a front row seat!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment