Cami

It's crazy to think that we are less than 6 weeks out to meeting our little miracle Lacey Elisabeth. It's so very exciting! But, we are definitely in a rat race to the finish line. It's funny cause people think that since Josh is in a band that his life is glamorous and always a rock star life. That could not be farther from the truth. I have to say that he has been ABSOLUTELY amazing during this pregnancy. This past week we sat down and made a list of things that we feel need to get done before Lacey arrives. FOUR PAGES WORTH OF STUFF! It's crazy. I'm doing everything I can to help knock things off of this list, but, this third trimester has really kicked my butt and I am just absolutely exhausted and tend to nap a lot. But, Josh, has been a warrior! He worked for hours giving our master bath a cleaning. I've never seen it look so clean, it sparkles! Then this weekend he was in the kitchen cleaning the baseboards...with a toothbrush! Like I said, he's just been unbelieveable. Yesterday I actually had enough energy to knock quite a few things off of the list as well, so that made me feel better. Tonight my parents are coming over to help us too. Tonight my mom and I are going to conquer the kitchen in rearranging cabinets so we can make room for Lacey's items (bottles, formula, etc.). And my daddy is going to help Josh loading up the trailer and taking our old water heater and boxes from the many baby things that we have and take it to the dump. We are so thankful for our parents. We definitely could not have done all of this without them! I ordered today a few more things for Lacey's room and this almost finishes it out. We just have to go get her bedding tonight and then we are done. So exciting. Her room is so cute!


We did have some play time this weekend too. Friday night we had dinner at The Melting Pot with Trey and Emily. We had such a great time together. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much! Saturday we went and had a 4D ultra sound done. We have been dying to see what our little girl looks like. The neat thing about this is that my parents, some family members and friends were able to watch the ultrasound live on their computers. So they could see what we were seeing at the appointment. Lacey is soooo beautiful! She definitely has her daddy's full lips. We think she has my nose. She smiled a ton throughout the ultrasound which was just precious. The funniest part was she stuck her tongue out at us at one point. We all just laughed. Josh and I keep looking at the pictures that we got from our visit and are just in awe that it's our little girl. After that we went back home and I of course took a 2 hour nap. Then that night we went out with his cousin Mandy who was in town from Colorado on business. So we went down to Atlantic Station and a great dinner and were able to enjoy some Christmas festivities as it was the night of the Lighting of their big Christmas tree. We ended the weekend by going to our small group last night. We have such a great group and just love them so much.


We go back to the doctor on Wednesday. We'll see how much more Lacey has grown. AS of two weeks ago she was measuring about a week and a half big so Lord only knows how much more she's grown. But, I'd be okay with her coming a week or so early. I'm just sooo excited to meet her!
0 Responses

Post a Comment