Emily
This past weekend was another crazy one. And the next 2 are as well. My sister moved to St Simon Island so I packed up the kids and headed down there with my parents. Unfortunately, Trey was with the band and we sorely missed him. We had a lot of help though and we were able to get her all unpacked in her new place. She has rented a cute little house near the beach in a really nice area. She started her new job today and I am excited for her. I will miss her very much.

Tonight, Trey and I are going to city hall to FINALLY sign the paperwork to be annexed into the city. If you remember from last summer, we have had catastrophic problems with our septic tank. Our soil sample test failed 9 months ago which means we can not put in another septic system in our yard, it will fail again. Our only option is to be hooked up to the city sewage. There has been A LOT of red tape and drama. We could get the county to run the pipes and not have to pay city taxes but our distant neighborhood that holds access to the sewage is not a very nice man and demanded all kinds of money and land in exchange for us to use his sewer tap. (He doesn't even live in that house!) That would be in addition to the zillion dollars we would be responsible for to run the pipes and pay all the fees. We have been talking with the city for 18 months now, trying to get annexed so that they will endure the expense and they have to power to force said neighbor into cooperation. So although we will pay extra in taxes, we will not have to get a loan for 15K to pay for this necessity. I am a little anxious about going because we have not seen the paperwork yet and will refuse to sign it if it does not specifically mention providing sewage. God has been so merciful the last 6 months in sustaining our septic system. We were having is drained every 10 days at $400-$700 each time! We endured quite a bit of debt from that, but we made it through. Trey is very handy and installed an aerator in the septic tank to create good bacteria. It has worked! But every time is rains I bite my nails and pray. I don't do laundry or give the kids baths on days it rains. Sad isn't it? I will be so glad when this mess is over and we can flush our toilets like normal people. I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes tonight.
0 Responses

Post a Comment