Cami
It's amazing how time is flying by. I can't believe that our Lacey is 6 weeks old! That's just crazy! But it has been such an amazing time with her. This week we had some 6 week pictures done. And of course Josh wanted to have one with her laying by his bass. Afterall she is the next great bass player of our time! :-) Our friend Miss Carol took the pictures for us and they all just turned out so cute! So thank you Miss Carol for capturing amazing memories for us! Time is just flying by too fast. I can't believe that I'll be going back to work in 6 weeks. I love my job and miss my co-workers, but, boy, I don't know how I can stay away from this precious little miracle. It's going to be tough! Okay...I'm gonna stop talking about that because otherwise I will cry.

Tonight Josh is at a load in for his full time job with Technical Elements. He probably won't be home until late tonight. So it's just me a Lacey. And she is one fussy baby tonight. She has not had a nap this afternoon. Every time she'd fall asleep she would wake herself up. And apparently according to my mom, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I guess she's afraid if she goes to sleep that she's going to miss something. And I know I was definitely like that. I was always a night owl and wanted to stay up and be a part of whatever was going on. Thankfully, Lacey is turning into a good sleeper like her daddy (when she does fall asleep). We give her a bath with that Johnson & Johnson bedtime bath and lotion. It's amazing stuff! And after that she takes her bottle and is usually out for the count. She's pretty much been sleeping all night now. Last night she slept from 11 pm until 5:30 this morning. Took a bottle and went back to sleep until 9 am. So we are definitely starting to get some rest ourselves and that is a GREAT thing!

Tonight while Josh is gone I've been trying to pack. Lacey is going to get to go to her first Echoing Angels concert tomorrow night. She saw them lead worship a couple of weeks ago. But, has not experienced a full concert. Tomorrow the guys are doing a concert in Chattanooga. This is going to be an event associated with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. They are trying to raise food for the food bank there. So hopefully a lot of people will show up and fill up the cupboards of this food bank. I'm very excited to go. All the wives and kids are going to be there too. So it's gonna be great! On Saturday we get to go to the Aquarium there as well. So, I'm excited to get a lot of great pictures!

We come home on Saturday and then on Sunday afternoon Lacey and I are heading to Missouri with my parents to visit my Grandma Senf and family members. It was very important for me to introduce Lacey to my Grandma. She has been such an amazing figure in my life. And unfortunately, she is in the beginning stages of Alzheimers. So, I really wanted to get Lacey up there as soon as I could to meet her and also to get that 4 generation picture. That way when Lacey is older I can tell her all about her Great Grandma Senf and all the funny stories that we have shared over my lifetime. I'm also very excited because we'll be staying with my Aunt Barby and Uncle Paul. And we just found out that my Aunt Mary from Illinois and my Aunt Susan from the Ozarks in Missouri are gonna be able to come up and visit and meet Lacey as well. It's going to be such a fun time! What a great family reunion!!! I'm also hoping to visit my cousin Greg and Ashley and meet their new little boy that they just had yesterday. So if you can't tell...family is extremely important to me! :-)

Well...I better get back to finish packing. I can hear Lacey starting to fuss again. Plus, it's almost time for Lacey's bath and bedtime. Then time for this mommy to relax a little.
0 Responses

Post a Comment