Nikki
Yesterday was my birthday and it was great! Jon cleaned the house for me the night before, and the kids were really sweet in class. One student bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and then one of my classes brought in two cakes, brownies, and Yoohoo's. Needless to say, we were on a sugar high by the end of class. When I got home, Jon had my birthday present sitting on the kitchen island. He is too sweet. He had me a card from the boys and then he had me a card from him and he got me my favorite perfume. I am one of five girls and whenever it is one of our birthdays we get to pick the restaurant and my entire family meets there to celebrate. After my birthday celebration, we headed home and Jon started to pack for this weekend.

This birthday was a little different in that this was my first birthday being a part of the Facebook family. I was overwhelmed by the love and birthday wishes I received. As I scrolled through my profile page, I looked at each person's name and picture and read what they wrote. As I was reading, I made a concious effort to think about how that person was brought into my life. It was really special to reflect on this idea. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life both past and present.
0 Responses

Post a Comment