Megan
Last weekend was wonderful! Niki and Jayce picked me up from the studio and we headed up to Chattanooga for the Echoing Angels Concert. Since I got out of work so late on Friday, and we may have taken a wrong turn or two... :), we made it right after the guys finished playing.

After they packed everything up, we headed to the Extreme Home Makover Site. This was such a wonderful experience! All of us put on some hard hats and ponchos (of course it was raining) and headed to the site. It was about 12 or 12:30 at night, and all the volunteers were still going strong! It was so inspiring to see the community come together to help build this house. It was really neat to watch everything behind the scenes. J103 really hooked us up with this one! It ended up being very long day. We then headed to Burger King for dinner and finally to bed around 2:30 in the morning. I was extremely tired, but it was so much fun- totally worth it. It was also great to share this experience with the band and all the families. We don't get to get together much because we are all so busy- so sharing this experience with them as so special.

After getting a few hours of sleep, we headed to the Chattanooga Aquarium. Neil and I only got to go through the river section, but it was so awesome. I have always said if I wasn't a dance teacher that I would love to be a marine biologist. Marine life fascinates me! It was so cute to see Eliza, James, and Jayce react to all of the fish, sharks, snakes, and sting rays. Lacey was a trooper that day as well! I had such a great time hanging out with everyone. I always have so much fun when we are together. We all had lunch in town and then Neil and I were off to Nashville for the night.

Our best friends moved to Nashville a couple of years ago, so we don't really get a chance to see them that often. Our friend Brent was in "The Glass Menagerie" in downtown Nashville and we coordinated with his wife to come down and surprise him at his show. The show was great. The actors were all so talented- and Brent did an amazing job! If you are in the Nashville area, you should definitely go see it this weekend if you get the chance. We had a wonderful time with them, but we had to leave early so I could get back to the dance studio for rehearsal.

We must have gotten a total of 12 hours of sleep all weekend- but it was definitely worth it. We had a blast! I have to admit, I did miss my puppy Baxter while we were gone. Sad, huh?

I have another long weekend coming up. My Jr and Sr Company girls are competing in their first dance competition of the season. Another crazy weekend in downtown Atlanta with 21 middle school and high school girls! They have worked so hard- I can't wait to see it all together with the costumes and everything. I know they will make me proud!

Well, off to bed so I can be at the studio early tomorrow! Another crazy weekend to rest up for, but hey, you only live once, right?
0 Responses

Post a Comment