Nikki
This is not a foreign concept to us, but I think sometimes we forget this idea- I know I do. I am struggling with some things right now and have questioned God about many things. I have asked him, “Really God? Really?, Why does it have to be so hard? Why does it seem like living like the rest of the world is so much easier than trying to be faithful and trust? Are we really called to do this? If, so then why haven’t things gotten any better?

As I was reading today I asked God to reveal some things to me that would help me in my time of need. The first scripture I came across was in Isaiah 6:1-3:
V1: In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.
V2: Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings, with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
V3: One cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory.”
V4: And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.

The God whose train is so grand that it fills the temple, the God who the angels covered their entire bodies for, and cry out his Holiness, the God whose voice shook the house- is the same God who is for us!!!

One of my favorite authors is Max Lucado and I am reading his book “For the Tough Times”. He describes the Love of God so precisely that I have to quote some of his book as it has helped me out so much today in addition to this scripture.
He states, “ Upon learning that God would rather die than live without you, how do you react?” For me, this hit me pretty hard. Wow! I haven’t ever thought about his love in this way.

Lucado also helped to answer some of the questions that I mentioned earlier. His answer is found in Romans 8:31- “If God be for us, who can be against us?’ We have the maker of the universe on our side. Again, this is a reminder to myself. His loyalty won’t increase if you are better and won’t lessen if you are worse. He is for you!!

Lucado tells a story about a little boy who was being beat up and this man came to his rescue. He took him to the hospital, paid his hospital bill, and took him home with him and adopted him because the boy was an orphan. Because the boy had been abandoned and let down so many times by those he loved, he began questioning the man about where he will get food for tomorrow, where will he sleep and keep warm, how will he get money to buy clothes? The man replied by asking his own questions. He asked, “Haven’t I shown you? Don’t you understand? I risked my life to save you. I gave money to treat you. You wear my name. I’ve called you my son. Would I do all that and then not meet your needs?

This is what our father is asking us when we begin to worry and question. “He as put his angels in charge of you to watch over you wherever you go” (Psalm 91:11)
0 Responses

Post a Comment