Emily
Something about this year and the 21 day fast is different. And I can't really explain it. Usually during the 3 week fast God speaks louder than usual and when the fast ends it gets silent. I almost go through a depression in the weeks that follow because Gods presence isn't as close as it was during the fast and I long for it to return. This year, however, was opposite. He was very quiet during the fast. I didn't get encouragement from Him or a specific word about our situation. He did quietly speak to me about why we had gone through some hardships. I blogged about sifting wheat last week. That was the only thing He said to me for 21 days. But....since being off the fast, He is speaking so much I'm afraid I'm going to miss something. No depression this year! Every time I open my bible I have an encounter with Him. My cup is running over. I plan on blogging these truths He is revealing soon. I still have some sorting out to do in my mind and heart first....and I don't think He is finished yet.
Tonight I had a revelation about God's silence that I do want to share. I have had many periods in my life where this has happened as I'm sure you have. Some people teach that sin causes this and while I believe that is true, I was never satisfied that was the reason. I always had a picture in my mind of that "footprints" painting....that the silence was the times He carried me. But tonight I have a different picture that the Holy Spirit has given me. My devotion was on Lazarus (John 11:1-45). The bible says Jesus loved him very much and his sisters, Mary and Martha, as well. Lazarus became ill and was dying. His sisters sent word to Jesus asking him to heal their brother. Jesus heard this but did not go to Lazarus, one he loved very much. They called for help and He was silent. It wasn't until 4 days after Lazarus' death, after he was buried, that Jesus came. Martha says to him, "he wouldn't have died if you had come." Jesus then raises Lazarus from his tomb. If Jesus had come when Mary and Martha had called, He would have shown Himself as Healer. But that was not the lesson He wanted to give. It was resurrection! It was life! His silence lead to resurrection....it did not mean rejection! He revealed more about Himself because He waited. He gave them what they needed, not what they asked for. I just wanted to run around the room earlier! Thank you Lord for speaking. God is about to resurrect the situation. He is already revealing more about Himself to me since the silence. So the next time I experience the quietness, I plan on ditching the disappointment and waiting with anticipation on what He is about to resurrect.
0 Responses

Post a Comment